Past performance is not a guide to future performance. Your capital may be at risk. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the original amount invested.
Key Investment Risks
- Performance Aim Risk: The performance aim is not a guarantee, may not be achieved and a capital loss may occur. Strategies which have a higher performance aim generally take more risk to achieve this and so have a greater potential for returns to vary significantly.
- Currency Risk: This strategy invests in international markets which means it is exposed to changes in currency rates which could affect the value of the strategy.
- Derivatives Risk: Derivatives are highly sensitive to changes in the value of the asset from which their value is derived. A small movement in the value of the underlying asset can cause a large movement in the value of the derivative. This can increase the sizes of losses and gains, causing the value of your investment to fluctuate. When using derivatives, the strategy can lose significantly more than the amount it has invested in derivatives.
- Changes in Interest Rates & Inflation Risk: Investments in bonds/money market securities are affected by interest rates and inflation trends which may negatively affect the value of the strategy.
- Credit Ratings and Unrated Securities Risk: Bonds with a low credit rating or unrated bonds have a greater risk of default. These investments may negatively affect the value of the strategy.
- Credit Risk: The issuer of a security held by the strategy may not pay income or repay capital to the strategy when due.
- Emerging Markets Risk: Emerging Markets have additional risks due to less-developed market practices.
- CoCos Risk: Contingent Convertible Securities (CoCos) convert from debt to equity when the issuer’s capital drops below a pre-defined level. This may result in the security converting into equities at a discounted share price, the value of the security being written down, temporarily or permanently, and/or coupon payments ceasing or being deferred.
- Counterparty Risk: The insolvency of any institutions providing services such as custody of assets or acting as a counterparty to derivatives or other contractual arrangements, may expose the strategy to financial loss.
|From||Jun 19||Jun 18||Jun 17||Jun 16||Jun 15|
|To||Jun 20||Jun 19||Jun 18||Jun 17||Jun 16|
|Newton Global Dynamic Bond
strategy (gross of fees)
|Newton Global Dynamic Bond
strategy (net of fees)
Source: Newton Global Dynamic Bond strategy, total return, income reinvested, in USD, June 30, 2020. Net of fees performance quoted with 0.35% annual management charges.
Performance is stated gross and net of management fees. The gross performance figures do not reflect the deduction of investment advisory fees. The client’s return will be reduced by the advisory fees and any other expenses it may incur in the management of its investment advisory account. The investment advisory fees are described in Part 2 of the adviser’s Form ADV, which can be obtained from the SEC.gov website or obtained upon request.
The strategy aims to deliver a minimum return of cash (1 month USD LIBOR) +2% p.a. over five years before fees. However, a positive return is not guaranteed and a capital loss may occur.
Find out more about the Global Dynamic Bond strategy
This is a financial promotion. This video is for institutional investors only.
Issued by Newton Investment Management Limited, The Bank of New York Mellon Centre, 160 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4LA. Registered in England No. 01371973. Newton Investment Management is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN and is a subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. ‘Newton’ and/or ‘Newton Investment Management’ brand refers to Newton Investment Management Limited. Newton is registered with the SEC as an investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Newton’s investment business is described in Form ADV, Part 1 and 2, which can be obtained from the SEC.gov website or obtained upon request.
Personnel of certain of our BNY Mellon affiliates may act as: (i) registered representatives of BNY Mellon Securities Corporation (in its capacity as a registered broker-dealer) to offer securities, (ii) officers of the Bank of New York Mellon (a New York chartered bank) to offer bank-maintained collective investment funds, and (iii) Associated Persons of BNY Mellon Securities Corporation (in its capacity as a registered investment adviser) to offer separately managed accounts managed by BNY Mellon Investment Management firms, including Newton.
Certain information contained herein is based on outside sources believed to be reliable, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. Unless you are notified to the contrary, the products and services mentioned are not insured by the FDIC (or by any governmental entity) and are not guaranteed by or obligations of The Bank of New York or any of its affiliates. The Bank of New York assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the above data and disclaims all expressed or implied warranties in connection therewith. © 2020 The Bank of New York Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This video is for informational purposes and should not be taken as a recommendation to purchase any individual securities. Newton closely monitors its positions and may make changes to the portfolio’s investment strategy when warranted by changing market conditions. If a security’s underlying fundamentals or valuation measures change, Newton will re-evaluate its position and may sell part or all of its position. There is no guarantee that, should market conditions repeat, this security will perform in the same way in the future. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed herein will be valid beyond the date of this video. There can be no assurance that the strategy will continue to hold the same position in companies described herein, and the strategy may change any portfolio position at any time.
Material in this publication is for general information only. The opinions expressed in this video are those of Newton and should not be construed as investment advice or recommendations for any purchase or sale of any specific security or commodity. Information or data obtained from outside sources is third party data. Any reference to a specific security, country or sector should not be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell investments in those countries or sectors. Please note that strategy holdings and positioning are subject to change without notice.
1m GBP LIBOR™, 1m USD LIBOR™, 7 Day GBP LIBID™ are administered and published by ICE Benchmark Administration Limited (IBA). LIBOR, ICE LIBOR and ICE Benchmark Administration are trademarks of IBA and/or its affiliates. Historical ICE LIBOR™ information may not be indicative of future ICE LIBOR™ information or performance. IBA and its affiliates make no claim, prediction, warranty or representation whatsoever, express or implied, as to the results to be obtained from any use of ICE LIBOR™, or the appropriateness or suitability of using ICE LIBOR™ for any particular purpose. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all implied terms, conditions and warranties, including, without limitation, as to quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose, title or non-infringement, in relation to ICE LIBOR™, are hereby excluded, and none of IBA or any of its affiliates will be liable in contract or tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, nuisance or misrepresentation, or under antitrust laws or otherwise, in respect of any inaccuracies, errors, omissions, delays, failures, cessations or changes (material or otherwise) in ICE LIBOR™, or for any damage, expense or other loss (whether direct or indirect) you may suffer arising out of or in connection with ICE LIBOR™ or any reliance you may place upon it.